Monday, September 7, 2015

Thrifted Treasures: Bratz dolls

I've decided to do another new series called Thrifted Treasures, It'll basically just be me showing whatever new toy or toy-related things I have found in thrift stores and flea markets, since I usually make going to one or both of those places a part of my weekly schedule. So to start off this new series, I'll be showing you a good sized haul of Bratz dolls that I found at my local thrift store and flea market. Here we go!


Here we have from left to right, Treasures Cloe, Birthday Bash Yasmin, Play Sportz Meygan, and Forevor Diamondz Fianna. Thank you to my awesome Bratz identification skills, (and the internet).


And here is First Edition Cloe, Birthday Bash Phoebe, Play Sportz Katia, and Nighty Night Jade. Also, these are pics of them literally right after I got them, so please excuse messy hair  excuse messy hair and doll nudity. And just a quick fact, Treasures Cloe came with that  beautiful hairstyle from the flea market, and it isn't her original style either, I think whoever owned this doll is a budding hair stylist!

Up close look at Treasures Cloe, she has those tiny little braids all around her head, and little twists like the one you see on her head going around the back of her hair as well. Her faceup is also one of my favorite looks for miss Cloe, with dark, smoky, eye makeup, and lovely peach colored lips with a beauty mark just above her lips.

The lovely Birthday Bash Yasmin is another one of my favorites, pardon the messy hair, but her face is just super cute, with the bright blue and purple eyeshadow and metallic silver upper layer, and her bright pink lips.
Play Sportz Meygan looks really cute with her simple pink eyeshadow and bright pink lips with what I guess is a smile in Bratz terms. :)

Forever Diamondz Fianna has one of the sweetest faces I have seen on a Bratz doll, so far at least, and I think the reason she looks more sweet and less sassy than most other Bratz, is her eyes. They look much larger than regular Bratz eyes, and the dark brown, almost black, eyeshadow makes her eyes seem larger, and her eyebrows are placed a bit higher than a regular Bratz doll too. Her lips are a pale, muted pink with a dark pink outline.

First Edition Cloe has a very different facial screening than most other Bratz dolls, which makes her very easy to identify. She has a bright blue layer of eyeshadow, with yellow and pink layers reaching up to her eyebrows. Her eyeliner is a thick line of gray, and her eyelashes were painted gray as well. Her lips are a metallic pink with a dark pink lip liner.

Birthday Bash Phoebe has another very lovely face, with bright blue and purple eyeshadow with lovely blue eyes with purple outlining the blue of her iris. Her lips are a bright pink color with a red outline and a mole just above her lips, and she has another one of those Bratz half smiles.

Play Sportz Katia has one layer of eyeshadow that gradients from pink to gray, and a top layer of brown eyeshadow. her eyes are really nice, they have a grey center and a brown outer layer. It sort of gives off the illusion that her eyes are brown or gray at certain angles. Her lips are pretty plain, just being a shade of what I like to call "Barbie Pink".

Nighty Nite Jade has a very simple face up, with two different shades of brown for her eyeshadow, and bright metallic "Barbie Pink" lips. Her hair has obviously been cut, but I like the way she looks with the short hair, simple make up and pajamas, (which belong to Sleepin Style Meygan).

Here they are after a little bit of brushing, (primping?) and a quick pit stop to my bottomless doll outfit and accessory bin. Cloe didn't really have much of a makeover, since I want to keep her hair in those adorable braids and twists.

First Edition Cloe has not had her hair brushed much, since I wanted to keep that slight wave in her hair.
Her outfit has changed drastically though, she came with that pink dress, which I think belongs to Passion for Fashion Dresden. And she got the skirt from a coffin bean Draculaura, tights from American Idol Barbie (who I don't own anymore), and some pink Bratz heels that I found in a bag at the thrift store.
Phoebe and Cloe didn't really change much, so they're going to be together in the same 'after' photo

Yasmin looks much better from when I first found her, she was nude and with very messy hair, but after a lot of brushing and a new outfit, she's as pretty as a princess, which is her nickname, ha.

Pretty Princess, = u =, stole, er, 'borrowed' Monster High Lagoona's fashion pack, and she came with the brown boots.
Here's a group after shot of the other dolls. Not as much work went into fixing these girls up as the previous group.
Jade and Katia didn't change much at all, so they're in the same pic too.

Fianna had her hair brushed, but that was about it, and Meygan had her hair brushed, and she decided to 'borrow' Equestria Girls' Sunset Shimmer's jacket.

Thank you to anyone out there who is reading this, and MyLittleMegara, if your reading this, please know that I am working on the tag post! I just stink at keeping a schedule, hopefully it'll be up sometime this week!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, no pressure! I understand about being behind schedule... Anyway, everybody looks much better now! You're good at fixing dolls up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Jade's and Katia's sneakers.

    Thanks for identifying your fashion pieces. If someone wanted to copy a look shown here, it helps to know the accessory source.

    You do fix the dolls up nicely ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have to give some credit to my handy wig brush and box of accessories. It actually took quite a while to fix all of them up, But I think they're all quite lovely, and Jade and Katia's sneakers really are very cool, I almost want a pair for myself! ;)

      Delete